top of page


The Engineering Society
The Engineering Society provides funding to Engineering Clubs. To access this money you must follow a certain process and meet basic criteria. 



The Professional Activities Fund (PAF)
The Professional Activities Fund (PAF) is used to support projects and activities that enhance the professional development of undergraduate engineering students. The purpose of the Professional Activities Fund is to support co-curricular activities and projects that lie outside, yet are complementary to, the engineering curriculum. The Fund is not intended to replace University-level or School-level funding that directly supports curricular activities. Rather, it is meant to support short-term student-initiated projects, subsidize student travel, and support sustainable activities that benefit the student body. The application form can be found using the link below.

Tuum Est Student Initiative Fund

The Tuum Est Student Initiative Fund has been established by the Associate Vice President, Students portfolio at UBC's Okanagan campus to provide financial support for student initiatives, conferences & competitions. The purpose of this fund is to bring your initiatives to life!​ Find all the information on the website linked below.

UBC Student's Union Office (UBCSUO)
To qualify for this funding your Club must be registered through UBCSUO to be eligible for funding. The form is an application only and does not guarantee your Club the amount requested. For more information, please e-mail the Student Associations Coordinator at Find the application linked below.

Sponsorship is a great resource to pursue when looking for funding, it is also very helpful in relation to funding applications as a common question is: "What other sources of funding have you acquired?". A sponsorship package and a corresponding professional looking pamphlet are key. If you are a new club and are needing assistance or advising on navigating the sponsorship process please reach out to our Vice President Corporate Relations and she or another qualified member of our team will be happy to assist you! Please find her email linked below. 

UBC Students' Union 


You can make a request to register a new club by filling out and submitting the Club Registration Form, available at the UBCSUO office in UNC133 or linked below. You may register a new club at any time throughout the academic year.  This will allow your club to be featured on their club directory page and receive funding from them. 

Booking Space on Campus


Room Booking Requests

The UBCSUO has a straightforward webpage to assist you in finding the correct space and is an excellent resource. Find the link below. 



Big Events 


You must ensure that you have booked space for your event and have received a confirmation of your booking from Central Booking Office via the Students’ Union. If your event will have 50 attendees or greater, you will need to fill out and submit a Campus Security Event Application Form to the Campus Security office (LIB016) no less than 10 days prior to the date of your event. If you are planning to serve alcohol at your event, you must fill out and submit the Campus Security Event Application Form no later than 30 days prior to the date of your event. Find their events webpage linked below with the application and further detail on all requirements. 

Poster Printing  


Each club/course union may have up to 30 posters printed per event by the UBCSUO. Note the following when designing your poster:

  • Your club name or logo must be clearly displayed

  • The UBCSUO name or logo must be displayed. A copy ofthe logo for poster use can be found linked below.  All event details must be listed correctly. We will not reprint posters due to incorrect information

  • Each poster design must have at least 2" x 3" of negative/light coloured space for our approval stamp


When your poster design meets the above criteria, you may submit it to for printing. UBCSUO can accommodate same day printing; however, during busy times we may not be able to print until the following day. We can print standard US letter (8.5" x 11") or tabloid (11" x 17") sizes. Where a preference is not indicated, the standard US letter size will be printed. When putting up your posters, please refer to the following:

  • Have your posters stamped at the UBCSUO office or at the GreenText Bookstore

  • In UNC building you may hang posters on pillars with masking or painters tape only (available at the GreenText and Bookstore).  DO NOT hang posters on walls, glass, windows, or doors

  • In buildings around campus, you may hang posters on designated bulletin boards only. DO NOT hang on walls, glass, windows, or doors.

Cash Boxes


Cash boxes are available on a first come, first served basis through the Green Text and Bookstore at UNC 103. All requests for cash boxes must be made at least 2 business days in advance.

bottom of page